Monday 18 November 2013

clouds in my coffee

Right, so, it seems the below post has not only had the most hits this shitty little, no-where blog has ever had but its also caused the most controversy.
I say controversy, I mean a few people have actually taken the time to write to me or visit me in person to air their thoughts on it.


One or two friends have given me knowing winks and thumbs up, another said "about time, must feel good to vent", I'm like, "er…what?"
I had a very angry email from an old girlfriend (like 20 years ago old) asking how I dare speak about her in this way in public after all this time, I had to ask "in which which way, the loved but let go or the good riddance?".
Someone more recently who I dated once thought she was the 'let her go' of the piece and called to tell me how nice it was I thought of her in that way.  I reminded her we only had one evening together during which I faked a call from work so I could make my excuses and leave early rather than tell her how dull she was.

Its funny, of all the posts I've written I'm surprised this one appears to have been taken so personally, especially when other posts were written specifically about certain individuals and with such bile I used to expect a punch in the head on a daily basis. This one was written about no-one, I used hyperbole and rhetoric to paint broad strokes.  What surprises me more is if what I wrote is supposed to be true why has no-one called me on the flip-flop line? I have never and will never own, wear or have in the house a pair of flip -flops.
(In fact, if you ever seem in flips flops you have permission to cut off my toes so I may never wear them again)


Apologies then, to anyone offended by the below post. It was merely intended to be an attempt at observational humour.
The characters hinted to are purely fictional and any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental.

Except you. Yeah you. You know who you are, sitting there all smug in your apricot scarf, you can go fuck yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment