Saturday 18 February 2012

Ages

Well its been ages since I wrote on here, not much has happened I just got a little distracted.
The usual things have irked me of course, like for instance a couple of things at work...
We have a survey every year, it asks - in a very non specific way if we, as employees, are having a nice time. Generally the answer is no it would seem. However due to the non specific way the questions are asked and the nature of the submission of the survey - anonymously - the solutions to make us 'happier' in our work are equally non specific, very general and consequently pointless. This was followed up with a Team building exercise where we were asked to solve puzzles (designed for children) and put stickers on a wall to show how we were feeling - my 7 year old has a similar system in his class at school only we are 1 better cos we got free sweets at our tables!

Following our fun packed, team building, problem solving, free sweets session we had a 2 hour meeting where we were talked at about the company's profits and losses for the year, where we are going, where we have been etc. by the end of which I was ready to quit - I mean quit my job not just leave the room - and this was even after I was praised for some of my work, so what does one do when the very processes to help improve your working day actually de-motivate you to the point of quitting?
Is it time to move on?

No comments:

Post a Comment