Sunday 8 January 2012

I think I might have a problem...

Every time I buy a hotwheels / Matchbox / 1:32 scale die cast car for my boy, I buy one for me.
He opens his, I chuck mine in a box.

I looked in the box today...
There were many!
too many to fit on the table.

Now, I'm no collector - well, by that I mean it isn't something I seek out but I have to admit to noticing patterns and themes, not to mention having personal favourites...
Like Ramone from Cars. I have 10 of these, all different.

or a full set of Toy Story Hotwheels...

or matchbox VW concept cars...
(thats a W12, Combi Concept and New Beetle - bought before the new beetle was even new!)

Then there are the Hotwheels VW's...

Deloreans...
(Doc Brown's time machine and a standard one)

...4 variations on the Batmobile


...or the Oscar Meyer wienermobile?


2 Pheatons...

3 types of Deora...

...Strangely lots of pairs of Treasure Hunt HWs too.
(sweet rubber tyres on the T-hunts, yo)...

and a LOT of redlines too...
These too have natty little red lines on the tyres - obviously they must be faster on the track.
I dunno why I have repeats of these either!

I think the best way to deal with my 'problem' is to put them back in a box and back on to the wardrobe. Then for the next 7 years I'll keep on casually buying 2 at a time (one for me and one for the boy) and put them in another box.
In 7 years time I'll compare the amount in both boxes, if box one has more in its a sign that my condition is getting better and I should keep doing the same until 7 years pass where I buy no toy cars.
Then I'll be cured!



No comments:

Post a Comment