Wednesday 25 May 2011

A legend is born

I witnessed the birth of a new motor racing legend last night.

Zebadia Hoon III's glittering career began as its sure to continue with gold in every heat of every race from Rally to Land Rush, Stadium Trucks to Gymkhana, Rally Cross to Time Trial.

The Stoic driver of German descent may be late in life to begin professional motorsport at 40 but that seems not to deter him. Despite not being in the best shape of his life, balding and possibly 3 stone overweight, he appears to have been born at the wheel with a natural ability to balance a vehicle on the bleeding edge of control. Strangely nicknamed 'Princess' I can only deduce his lightness of touch and the sublime beauty of his drifting technique are where that moniker derives.

With the first round stages all complete and rewards received for reaching the top of the leaderboard the world waits for what could be the next world champion to enter round 2. To witness this historical motoring event and have the privilege to say "I was there" join me on my sofa tonight, after lights out, I'll crank up the PS3 and we can play Dirt3 - its proper good.

No comments:

Post a Comment