Sunday 1 April 2012

crate

I love my Caddy but it has one flaw, you cant get two people and your shopping in it, well that and its a noisy diesel. It has two flaws, the shopping thing and the noisy diesel thing, and its bumpy. SO THREE FLAWS, shopping, diesel, bumpy and its a bit rusty.

I'll Start again.

I love my Caddy, but you can't get two people and your shopping in it.
Solution? Build a boot.
Well, kind of a boot. More of a box in the back.

I trolled one of the industrial estates here in Diesel City and found some old packing crates/pallet type things, a good source of cheap (Read: FREE) lumber, if you don't mind splinters. The idea is to make a removable, lockable ammo type box for the truck bed to stow stuff in. To be honest it'll be tools, helmets and gloves, stirrup pumps, pies an Lucozade, etc. etc. more than it'll be shopping but you get the idea.

This was the lumber haul. I just had to pull a few nails.

And some hammering later I have the front face. Fits pretty good.

Just an idea of space an dat. 4x1x1 feet it'll be when done.
Still musing on finish though,
leave it raw?
paint it?
stain it?
Stencil it with biohazard or Dharma initiative logos?

progress pics to come.



No comments:

Post a Comment