Wednesday 1 June 2011

On any sunday...

What better day to ride the track than Sunday? With the sidehack off and in the boot the bike went onto the carrier and off we went. I'm slightly ashamed to admit I drive a shitty little Micra (cheap to run - thats the only excuse I have). I mention this in case anyone else is worried about how to get one of these further than you can ride it, if it fits in my shitty little noddy car it'll fit in most everything. All you need to set up when you get there is a wheel spanner and a 17mm for the M10.


We were ready to go in just a few minutes...


Another cool little detail, laser (?) cut RATTLEBONE in the treadplate...


Now THAT'S a drivetrain.


Wheel and fender. I do like the Mad Max bare metal style.


On the start hill ready for the first proper flight test.
Don't it look good?


Rolling in for the first time, it picked up speed quick and at speed it feels really stable...


...and the stability gave me confidence to really crank it over the first two obstacles. At this point we are pissing ourselves laughing at how much fun it is, we made it halfway round the track without even realising it and with us both intuitively pumping over the bumps you can really keep the momentum and speed flowing.


By the last straight though I could feel the burn, the adrenalin gave way to the realisation of how much extra weight you are hauling.


Didn't stop the smiles though, ear to ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment